About Counselling & Psychotherapy
Therapy offers a safe and supportive environment where you can explore past and present feelings, difficulties and fears. You will work towards living in a more satisfying and resourceful way.
Who is it for?
Anyone who is seeking to change who may be:-
- Unhappy, depressed, lacking confidence or experiencing shame.
- Suffering from anxiety, loneliness or difficulty forming rewarding relationships.
- Experiencing difficulty recovering from bereavement, loss or major life changes.
- Experiencing difficulties in either personal or work relationships.
- Wanting to understand and work to change childhood related issues.
- Suffering from problems that arise having experienced emotional, physical or sexual abuse.
- Experiencing isolation through religious or cultural difficulties.
- Any person seeking personal growth and self expression.
- Looking for greater meaning in life or to understand themselves on a deeper level.
The Therapy Sessions
The initial session offers you the chance to think whether therapy will be a helpful and appropriate way forward for you.
Ongoing therapy sessions are for fifty minutes, once a week and normally at the same time. The length of therapy can be discussed. I offer an open ended basis, or a time limited long or short term basis.
*** Due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, I am currently conducting all sessions online through Skype. ***
Code of Ethics
I adhere to both the code of ethics of the Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling and British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) of which I am a Senior Accredited Member.
The fee for Psychotherapy or Counselling is £50. I offer reduced fees for people on low income and for counselling students.